Associate Director Institutional Grants
The person in this position is responsible for grant writing in the Corporate, Foundation and Government Grants areas. The Associate Director Institutional Grants is primarily responsible for developing case statements and writing grant proposals to government, foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate San Diego Opera’s mission and programs to potential funders. In addition, this person will assist in all departmental areas, to include coordination of projects that support the fundraising activities of the department. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to government entities, foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests and proposals, including letters, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with funders;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals;
- Assist in facilitating benefits for Corporate donors;
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing and analytical skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized. A high level of computer literacy is required, including familiarity with research and development tools and databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 3-5 years of relevant experience are required.
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits including paid vacation, PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA and 403b with matching.
Actors Needed — for Soldier Songs
San Diego Opera is accepting resumes for two acting roles for our upcoming production of Soldier Songs. All ethnicities encouraged to audition.
Roles are as follows:
- A young boy – should look 8-12 years old. The boy needs to be a strong actor and very musical.
- An “older” man – plays the part of a veteran, should look old enough to be the principal soldier character’s father – late 50s to early 60s. This person also needs to be a strong actor, musical ability a plus.
Rehearsals November 6-9, 2016 PERFORMANCES November 11-13, 2016
These roles are paid.
Auditions will take place on Tuesday, September 27th at 5:30p. If you are interested in auditioning, please send resume and photo to Mary.Peters@sdopera.org.
If you are interested in being onstage as a supernumerary, we would love to hear from you. To be considered and added to our active list, call the Super hotline (619) 533-7073 and leave a clear message with your name, address, email address, and phone number (and age if you are under 18) or email our Super Captain at Bob.Borntrager@sdopera.com. Let us know if you have any special skills. Supernumerary information packets will be mailed in the late fall.