The Civic Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Elevators located in the theatre lobby stop at every level.
- Wheelchair and companion seating is available in the Dress Circle, Mezzanine and Orchestra. For those who can transfer from a wheelchair to a seat, the areas at each end of most of the orchestra rows, and Row H, in the Upper Loges, are also accessible.
- For specific seating issues and locations, please call San Diego Opera’s Patron Services Team at (619) 533-7000, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Transportation to the Civic Theatre: For MTS information call (619) 234-1060. For ADA certification call (877) 232-7433.
- Binoculars – Are available for rent in the Theatre’s lobby and balcony, for a nominal fee, at all performances.
- Audio Description Service – San Diego Opera is proud to offer this unique service at the Tuesday and Sunday performances for ticketed patrons with visual disabilities. The service begins 15 minutes before Curtain and provides verbal readings of the Program and synopsis of the opera, along with a “Play-by-Play” description of the action on-stage during the performance. All description is discreetly placed between singing. To use this FREE service, simply pick up a small headset from the Coat Check no later than 15 minutes prior to curtain. (Note: headsets are limited and are distributed on a “first come/first served” basis.)
- Audio Enhancement - The theatre is equipped with the Sennheiser Infrared Audio System for the hearing impaired. Headsets are FREE and available at the Coat Check, or patrons may bring their own.
- The receiving frequency for both the Audio Description devices and the Sennheiser SA-500H receiver used for assisted listening is 95kHz.