“The arts connect us as human beings. They’re a unifying force. Art nourishes the soul so we can do what we need to do with the rest of our lives.” – Carol Lazier
Carol Lazier is well known in the nonprofit world. For more than 20 years, she has been a quiet but devoted donor and volunteer for local arts, education, health and youth organizations.
San Diego Opera is honored to pay tribute to one of the city’s most gracious and thoughtful patrons at our annual ball.
Oxford Social Club
The evening begins in the Oxford Social Club – a hot new nightlife destination and the perfect venue for a private cabaret performance. Guests may choose to extend their evening with specially priced bottle service provided in the club after the gala.
Dancing & Entertainment
It's All About Live Music for Extraordinary Events! Be sure to bring your dancing shoes as the room comes alive with the most danceable music from today and yesterday, fun, excitement and dancing with The Mighty Untouchables!
Dinner choices include Wild Salmon with grilled white aspargus, Braised Short Ribs with a celery root puree, or Risotto with Mushrooms. In addition, Exceutive Pastry Chef Ana Davis has prepared an elegant and playful dessert buffet that will bring out the wonderment of childhood fantasy.
The evening begins with a private cabaret performance by world-renowned opera star Patricia Racette in the hotel’s Oxford Social Club. Enjoy another side of the artist as she performs an intimate cabaret recital from her Diva on Detour program.
Indulge in a brief respite or a private tete-a-tete in the Lover’s Lounge with comfortable surroundings, coffee, and tea.
Downtown is calling!
Cabaret chic, elegant and fun is the dress code for this evening’s event. Black Tie optional.
Stay at The Pendry
Make a weekend of it!
Primp before the Ball and relax after with an indulgent overnight stay at the Pendry with special pricing for Opera Ball Guests
- 20% off the Best Available Rate for each Room Type available THE PENDRY:
Reservations: (619) 738-7000. Mention promotional code DISSDO or book online by clicking here.
Walk-On Role in 20-21 Season
LA BOHÈME or SUOR ANGELICA
This exciting opportunity includes:
- Rehearsals (rehearsal room and Onstage)
- Costume Fitting with professional costumers
- Wigs & Make-up by professional wig and makeup artists
- Bow with the ensemble
- (4) Tickets for Family & Friends
La Bohème in London
This opera lover's package includes:
- Hotel accomodations May 12-19, 2020
- Tickets to La Bohème at the Royal Oper House
Viking Cruises Vacation
Escape for an 8-day Rhine or Danube river cruise for two in your own gorgeous stateroom .
Must be used during 2020. Package include cruise, meals, shore excursions and tours. Does not include airfare.
Sante Fe Stay
Santa Fe 'Insider' Experience includes:
- A four-night stay in a beautiful private home nestled in the historic district of Old Santa Fe. This will be your base to explore New Mexico's oldest city and the beauty beyond. (Offered in Augus 2020).
- Double tickets to three Santa Fe Opera performances, culminating on August 24 with the opera's final performance. Includes an exclusive backstage tour among the props and costumes of the 2020 season.
- Two tickets for a roundtrip journey to Santa Fe on Southwest Airlines.
- Dinner for two in an exclusive Santa Fe restaurant before the opera of your choice.
Private Concert with Joshua Guerrero
Private concert with Joshua Guerrero in your home.
Four Night Stay At Montage Los Cabos
- Ocean View Guest Room For Two
- Daily Breakfast For Two
Valle de Guadalupe Trip For Two
- Wine Tastings at Adobe Gadalupe Adobe, Monte Xanic Winery, Las Nubes Winery, and Viñedos de la Reina
- Dinner at Viñedos de la Reina
2020 San Diego Opera Lovers Ball Committee
Sarah B. Marsh-Rebelo, Chair
2020 San Diego Opera Lovers Ball Honorary Committee