The Marriage of Figaro: Tuesday, October 23, 7pm & Friday, October 26, 7pm 2018
San Diego Civic Theatre, 3rd Avenue and B Street, Downtown San Diego
Members, family and friends of the UCLA Alumni Association (San Diego).
You're invited to join us for unforgettable music and drama at San Diego Opera's The Marriage of Figaro. Fellow Bruin, bass-baritone Evan Hughes is singing the role of Figaro in this beautiful new production. Let's support our fellow alumnus and enjoy a great night of world-class opera with discounts and benefits!
This great offer includes:
- 20% savings in all sections of the theatre on the Tuesday and Friday evening performances of Mozart's classic comic opera The Marriage of Figaro.
- Free pre-opera lecture, 1 hour before the performance. Free post-opera talk back following the performance.
- Free backstage tours, beginning at 5:30pm. Please email Vanessa at Vanessa.Dinning@sdopera.org to reserve your spot, subject to availability.
- $10.00 handling fee waived.
Plan Your Evening
Come early and stay late for great free events and fun with friends.
- Pre-Opera Lectures: Entertaining & Enlightening
- Fun On The Councourse: Signature Cocktails, Delicious Bites & More
- Post-Opera Talk-Back!: Meet The Stars & Get The Insider Scoop
- Directions & Parking: Where to be and how to get there!
About The Marriage of Figaro
by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Figaro, a barber, matchmaker, and good-natured schemer, has fallen in love. On the eve of his marriage to Susanna, his master Count Almaviva, sets his wandering eye on the bride-to-be. Servant and master engage in a battle of the wits as this opera covers a single day of mad capped adventure.
With some of the most recognizable music ever written for the opera stage, Mozart and his librettist Da Ponte, explore the rise of the servant class as they overthrow the ruling class with humor, wit, and biting satire.
Sung in Italian with projected English translations.
The approximate run time is three hours and fifteen minutes, including one intermission.