Expired! Thank you for your interest. This offer is no longer valid.
Carmen: March 30, April 2, 5, 7(m), 2019
San Diego Civic Theatre, 3rd Avenue and B Street, Downtown San Diego
Friends & Families of Francis Thumm's Osher at SDUS Carmen Class!
Unforgettable music and drama await at San Diego Opera's production of Carmen, with a special discount just for you! Experience Bizet's masterpiece at the Civic Theatre.
Osher at SDSU students, friends, and family can take advantage this great offer, which includes:
- 20% savings on the Tuesday and Friday evening performances of Bizet's Carmen. (Tickets are also available for Saturday and Sunday performances without the discount.) Prices shown already reflect the 20% discounted rate.
- Free pre-opera lecture, 1 hour before each performance and talk-back with the cast after the performance.
- Free backstage tours, beginning at 5:30pm. Please email Vanessa at Vanessa.Dinning@sdopera.org to reserve your spot, subject to availability, mainstage operas only.
- $10.00 handling fee waived.
Click the "Reserve Now!" button on the right of the page to get started. If you're new to SDO, you'll be asked to create an account or if you're returning, simply log in!
Plan Your Evening
Come early and stay late for great free events and fun with friends.
- Pre-Opera Lectures: Entertaining & Enlightening
- Fun On The Concourse: Signature Cocktails, Delicious Bites & More (Mainstage Only)
- Post-Opera Talk-Back!: Meet The Stars & Get The Insider Scoop
- Directions & Parking: Where to be and how to get there!
by Georges Bizet
Carmen is one fiery gypsy woman…a femme fatale who lives life on her own provocative terms. The next notch on her belt is the naïve soldier Don Jose who is bewitched by her passion and gives up everything to be with her, including his sweetheart Micaela. In her true heartless fashion, Carmen becomes bored and callously drops her young lover when her path collides with the macho bullfighting Escamillo. Obsessed and alone, will Don Jose’s jealousy ignite an emotional bonfire that destroys them all. Carmen is an archetype of literature and art set to passionate music that will burn up the stage with its unbridled drama and incredible music, including the “Toreador Song” and the seductive “Habanera.”
Sung in French with projected English translations.
The approximate run time is three hours and fifteen minutes, including one intermission.