Join the San Diego Opera Ambassadors!
Are you an opera lover? Then we’d love you to join our volunteer team of devoted individuals and help opera staff with projects, events, backstage tours and more! Our SDOpera Ambassadors play an essential role in supporting San Diego Opera.
Take a look at the SDOpera Ambassadors Brochure for more details about each of our four opera crews, the time commitment for each assignment and what we’ll be asking you to do. Next , download and print off the SDOpera Ambassadors Profile Form, mail or email it to the Opera and we’ll be in touch.
Becoming a SDOpera Ambassadors volunteer is a great way to meet like-minded new friends and, at the same time, you’ll be giving back to an important artistic San Diego institution.
- Most shifts are approximately 3 hours in length
- San Diego Opera does not cover parking costs
- Most assignments are in the evening and are seasonal (January – April)
- Most Event Ambassadors and all Backstage Tour Ambassador assignments require some level of physical fitness and good mobility
- We are unable to offer complimentary opera tickets in exchange for your volunteer work
- Most SDOpera Ambassadors communication is carried out by email
- We appreciate our SDOpera Ambassadors 100% and couldn’t operate many of our events without your most excellent time and talents
For more information about joining, contact Radames Gil at Ambassadors@sdopera.com.
Want To Be On Stage? Become a Supernumerary!
If you are interested in being onstage as a volunteer supernumerary, we would love to hear from you. To be considered and added to our active list, call the Super-hotline (619)533-7073 and leave a clear message with your name, address, email address, and phone number (and age if you are under 18) or email our Super Captain at Bob.Borntrager@sdopera.com. Let us know if you have any special skills. Supernumerary information packets will be mailed in the late fall.