Your Support Makes the Difference
San Diego Opera exists today because of the generosity of our loyal fans and generous donors. Did you know that ticket sales only cover about a third of the production costs for each opera? Donations help create and sustain opera by bridging the gap between those ticket sales and the true expenses required to produce the experience we all love. In addition, your donation supports the myriad community outreach and education programs we provide throughout the San Diego area. Giving also provides you opportunities to enjoy opera at different levels of participation, with special events, perks, and privileges.
San Diego Opera provides a variety of ways for you to support, from monetary gifts to donations of property, and from corporate sponsorship to legacy gifts.
- Membership — Beginning at $100, members can enjoy priority ticket upgrades, public acknowledgment, invitations to private events, and more.
- Legacy Giving — Gifts from wills, trusts and retirement accounts sustain the future of opera in San Diego and provide an opportunity to leave a lasting legacy.
- Student Tickets — Support free Student Nights at the Opera for grades 3-12 and allow college students to attend performances at a nominal cost.
- Corporate Support — Your company can support SDO’s work on stage and in the community while receiving recognition and benefits.
- Government and Foundations — Learn about the vital local and national foundations that support opera in San Diego, as well as the critical government organizations that bring art to our community.
- Volunteer — Learn how you can join our team!
If you have questions about supporting San Diego Opera or would like to discuss ways to give, please contact the Development Department at 619-232-7636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.